Email Marketing Trends:
- 46% of small to medium size businesses (SMBs) currently use email marketing to help them find and retain customers.
- 36% of SMBs recently said they plan to begin an email marketing campaign in the next 12 months.
- According to a recent report, for every dollar spent on commercial email marketing the return was just over $43. The same report showed that for every dollar spend on search advertising the return was just over $21. Go email marketing.
Search Engine Advertising:
- Bing steals market share from Google among small businesses according to a recent Webvisible finding (Google lost 5% share from Q3 2008 to Q3 2009).
- The same report showed that the average small business purchased 55 keywords in Q3 2009 compared to 43 keywords in Q3 2008.
- The same report showed that the attorney and dentist categories are the most popular at 7.7 and 5 percent, and spend an average of a little more than $2500 and $2000 for the 3rd quarter.
- The same report showed that 32% of clicks resulted in a lead conversion (went to a landing page, watched a video, printed out directions, entered an e-mail address, sent an email inquiry, or completed an online form. Going to a landing page was the most common lead conversion, and was 2x the next closest forms of conversion.
- What about call tracking?… of those with call tracking, just under 5 percent of clicks resulted in a call.
Check back soon for more Recent Internet Business Trends.